- The shield earrings are inspired by a cross country road trip that I went on with my best friend. We spent some time in New Mexico and in Navajo nation where I was able to enjoy seeing so much turquoise jewelry. I came home with intention to honor that style.
- To create these earrings, I start by cutting out a thick piece of sheet metal for the base of the gemstone setting. I then take a chisel and hammer out the design and give it a honeycomb texture. I then solder the gemstone setting into the middle of the base and I add a loop for the ear wire. I finish the earrings with a burnished polish and a patina to darken the design a bit more.
- The earring length is 38 mm or 1.50 in
- Each piece of sozo jewelry will have a sozo stamp and a 925 stamp to indicate genuine sterling silver.
- Since each gem is unique and authentic, expect slight variation. I tend to believe that each gem goes to the right person!
- All orders are made to order. This means that each piece of sozo is created just for you with an extra special amount of love put into it.
- Each piece will have the makers touch!
- If you have a specific size request not listed or a special request to further customize a piece of sozo, please leave a note for me at checkout or reach out to me on my contact page.
- Orders ship within 1 to 3 days after purchasing.